- Oration of the Sri Lanka College of Psychiatrists.
Past orators and orations
- 2016 – Dr Thilini Rajapakse – Non-fatal self-poisoning in Sri Lanka: the forgotten ‘epidemic’?
- 2015 – Not awarded
- 2014 – Dr Shehan Williams – Coping in health and disease: a Sri Lankan cross sectional perspective.
- 2013 – Prof Daya Somasunderam – Addressing Collective Trauma- in the Sri Lankan context.
- 2012 – Dr Sunera Fernando – Stigma and mental illness.
- 2011 – Dr S Sivayokan – Waiting in limbo- psychological impact of disappearance.
- 2010 – Dr Raveen Hanwella – The mental health of Sri Lanka Navy personnel deployed in combat.
- 2009 – Dr Varuni de Silva – Alcohol and tobacco use in Sri Lanka and its associations with poverty: A study of 4 Medical Officer of Health Areas
- 2008 – Not awarded
- 2007 – Prof Samudra Kathriarachchi – Dementia in Sri Lanka.
- 2006 – Not awarded
- 2005 – Prof KALA Kuruppuarachchi – Family influence on mental health.
- 2004 – Dr Hemamali Perera – Mental health of adolescent school children; risks and resilience.
- 2003 – Dr Ranil Abeyasinghe- Suicide
- Andrew Sims Gold medal for the best performance at MD psychiatry part 2 examination by Post Graduate Institute of Medicine, Universtity of Colombo.
- Bobby Somasunderam Gold medal for outstanding performance at MD selection exam donated by Sri Lanka Psychiatric Association UK.
- Raghavan Kulanayagam Gold medal awarded to the best essay by a trainee at the annual essay competition conducted by the College.
- Peter and Mabel Cooray gold medal for the best oral presentation at the annual academic sessions donated by Dr Marius and Dr Mrs Sherva Cooray.
- Dr DVJ Harischandra Gold medal for the best regional psychiatrist donated by the family of Dr D.V.J. Harischandra.